Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I am the life of the party!

I am not your typical college student. Actually, my boyfriend isn't either. We do not like to "party" and by "party" I mean, be loud, obnoxious, drunk, and irresponsible. We both have a job, we both take classes, and we're both doing very well for ourselves considering we are surrounded by tons of kids who do "party" constantly. I would love to ask them when they get their homework done, or how they can afford to drink their life away and still pay rent.

I know all about that "college" experience. As soon as I moved out of my parents house, I fell head first into that barrel. In all honesty, it gets tiring. I realized what the important things in life were and I worked my butt off in order to be where I am today. (Which sadly, isn't very far from where I was, but at least I'm actually trying now).

Since I've cleaned up my act, I've got to admit, I have lost some friends. I get it. I've been there before. However, it's so nice to hang out with someone who isn't dead set on getting wasted before 7pm. I enjoy intelligent conversation. Don't get me wrong, I love my boyfriend very much and he is always here when I need someone to talk to or a shoulder to lean on, but sometimes it's nice just to have a girl friend.

I feel like I want to say so much more, but my brain just told me it is tired of thinking.

2 comments: