Monday, October 18, 2010

Back By Popular Demand

Well, back by the demand of my lovely sister. (She harassed me to the point of my posting this, taking my attention away from my undone homework).

Speaking of homework, I am not so sure professors/teachers get it. An average student takes between 5 to 6 classes a semester; that's 15 or 18 credit hours. I'd say that's about 18 to 22 hours of actual class time. A wise person (my mother) once told me that a good rule of thumb is to spend 2 hours on homework for every hour you're in class. That's 36 to 44 hours of homework. That's a full time job! And then, of course those students that must have a job need to factor that into their week as well.

Honestly, I am not sure how anyone with children, a job, or a social life can successfully further their education. I mean, I'm having a hard time of it, and I am only taking 15 credit hours and work only 15 hours a week.

However, I discovered procrastination at an early age and I have mastered it!

Now, I'm going to utilize my mastery and socialize=)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you discovered procrastination. It's gotten me this far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, so true!!!! Especially the part about your wise mother. LOL

    ReplyDelete