Friday, October 29, 2010

Curb Your Enthusiasm

So, I just randomly got inspired. Go figure.

I think it would be slightly amusing, if my life were televised. It would be awkwardly hilarious.

Take for instance Curb Your Enthusiasm with Larry David. Larry David is probably best known as being a co-creator of Seinfeld. You know that show right? I mean everyone has seen Seinfeld. Anyway, the show is kind of based on Larry David's personality. He plays a fictional version of himself as a semi-retired writer, producer, and actor. What is really interesting is that the script is nothing more than an outline, which David usually bases on actual events that happen to him. (He keeps a record of potentially funny things that happen in his life). As you would assume, since the show is "loosely scripted", the dialogue is improvised by the actors.

It's seriously funny. But you have to be patient to really understand it. Larry David is awkward. He says strange things, has strange ideas, and isn't really socially inclined. Once you get past his gawkiness, it's quite hilarious.

I feel like I have odd things happen to me. I also think I could make it funny. For example, tonight at work, someone told me something and I replied, "Okie dokie" and she when questioned my word choice, I simply said, "Well, most times I say, 'Okie dokie Hokie Pokie'." She just chuckled and for just a moment, I felt calm.

Needless to say, work was okay. After work has been better, and I hope in the days to come, I'll be able to relax.

1 comment: